| || |
February 25, 2011 - Jennifer Houtman
There's a lot of talk about awards this time of year, namely the Oscars, which are coming up this weekend. But this week, The Marietta Times learned it's earned some awards of its own for work published in print and online in 2010.
The Associated Press of Ohio announced finalists in its annual newspaper contest, and The Marietta Times is in the running for 10 awards. First second and third place honors, as well as an overall general excellence award, will be announced at a banquet in May.
The Times is in the running in the following categories:
• Best Headline Writer, Jim Bartholow
• Best Business Writer, Sam Shawver
• Best Sports Columnist, Ron Johnston
• Best News Writer, Brad Bauer
• Best Blog, Erin O'Neill
• Best Blog, Art Smith
• Best Breaking News, the staff for our coverage of last year's downtown fire
• Best Explanatory Reporting, the staff for the series we did early last year on obesity, called A Nation At Large
• Best Enterprise Reporting, the staff for a package of stories on police departments and the challenges they face
• Best Web Site, www.mariettatimes.com
Congratulations to our news staff. They work hard and it's great for them to be recognized. Looking to the year ahead, we are hard at work planning special projects and looking for ways to improve our everyday coverage. As always, I would love to hear any suggestions you may have. Please call me or drop me an email.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment