A blue stoneware Donaghho water pitcher that came out of a southern Virginia estate sale, and beautifully decorated with lots of blue stenciling, recently sold on eBay for $1,059, with 35 bidders bidding on it.
- A one of a kind prototype soda bottle that was made by the Root Glass Company as a sample bottle for the Parkersburg Coca Cola Company sold for $294.
- A original Parkersburg Coca Cola bottle dated Nov. 16, 1915, sold for $88.
- A mini jug marked T.J. Garrity Company, 129-131 Ann St., Parkersburg, sold for $140.27.
- Two decks of 1947 playing cards marked Rig & Reel Drilling Company of Parkersburg went for $52.50.
- A Parkersburg Coca Cola wooden crate sold for $45.
- A book titled, "The Story of Parkersburg," with over 150 photographs by James Dawson and Gary Null published in 1969, sold for nine bids totaling $112.50.
- A vintage Lafayette Motor Hotel Gun Room Lounge menu sold for $10.
- A electricians I.B.E.W. belt buckle Local 968 Parkersburg owned by someone in Marietta went for $10.
- A map of the pre-Columbian ruins Marietta, dated 1883, brought $26.
- A 1909 photo postcard of Marietta College football players brought $15.
- A $100 obsolete bank note, Marietta, Ohio, June 15, 1838, brought $41 for a Brecksville, Ohio, seller.
- A Marietta Brewery blob top beer bottle made by Edward H. Everette Company, Newark, Ohio, sold for $10.50.
- Book, "History of Little Hocking, Ohio," by Herbert L. Roush Sr., published 1983, $15.50.
- Medal, 1938 Marietta Cone Mound Indian arrowhead medal, $6.50.
- Letter dated 1824 from Boston to Licius Cross in Marietta, $7.
- Brochure, 1950s Marietta Silo advertising brochure, 24 pages, $15.
- Vase, 5-inch Dan Mercer vase, Parkersburg, $60.
- Bottle, Parkersburg, W.Va., Purity Baking & Bottling Works, $20.
- Map, 1902 Marietta river map, $70.
- Magazine, December-January 1958-59 Chittum Buick Co., Parkersburg, $51.
- 1896 Ohio River Railroad pass, Pittsburgh, Pa., Kenova, Huntington, Parkersburg, $62.50.
- Medal, 1963 Battle of Parkersburg Centennial Reenactment Medal, $15.50.
- Marbles, bag of Vitro Agate marbles, Parkersburg, $20.
- 1911 pass, University of Ohio versus Marietta College football, $59.
- Parkersburg Ice Company, ice delivery sign phone 547, $30.
- Newspaper, April 13, 1825, death of Jonathon Meigs Postmaster General, governor of Ohio, $20.
Larry Koon is the author of several price guide books on antiques and collectibles. His column appears every Monday on Life. Send letters to Treasure in the Attic, c/o The Marietta Times, 700 Channel Lane, Marietta 45750; or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. When writing, send a complete description of the item, along with size, color, any markings on the item along with condition the item is in, and how the item was obtained, and any other information. If possible, send a photograph. Letters will be answered through this column.