Washington State Community College (WSCC) honors employees' and retirees' accomplishments and years of service during the 2011-2012 Employee Recognition Banquet, held at the Marietta Shrine Club on Friday, May 4.
"The campus community looks forward to this annual event as a time to recognize our fellow employees, honor those retiring from the college, and also to just spend time together," said Sue Murdock, director of Human Resources.
The Employee Recognition Dinner includes an introduction of this year's new employees, as well as acknowledgement of the past year's employee accomplishments. Twenty-nine full time faculty and staff are being recognized with a Service Award, ranging from five to thirty years. Eight adjunct faculty members are recognized for their number of academic quarters served, ranging from 30 to 75 quarters. Additionally, nine retirees are being honored during the ceremony.
"This is my first WSCC Recognition Banquet," comments Dr. Bradley Ebersole, WSCC president, "And as I look at the agenda and the people being recognized, there certainly does appear to be reason to celebrate. Events like this help an organization to become more unified, and adds to great morale."
2011-2012 Service Award recipients
The 2011-2012 Service Award recipients include the following full-time employees:
- Five years of service: Ziad Akir, Dan Blake, Casey Corbett, Brent DeWees, Rick Martin, Lindsay McVey, Ben Rutherford, David Scheimann, Kara Stauffer, Christina Veladota, and Judith Verdi-Thompson.
- Ten years of service: Matt Blair, Laura Garcia, Deb Goins, Judy Kerns, Kathy Patterson, and Emily Schuck.
- Fifteen years of service: Jill Kendall, Larry McIntire, Greg Mitchell, Esther Salem, Dee Standish, and Julia Will.
- Twenty years of service: Jennifer Davis, Diane Dudzinski, Carl-Michal Krawczyk, and Mark Nutter.
- Twenty-five years of service: Natalie Lowe and Don Madison.
- Thirty years of service: Richard Barrett.
2011-2012 Service Awards for adjunct faculty:
- Thirty quarters: Robert Harris.
- Forty-five quarters: Kathleen Finley-Boggs, Helen Hirschi, and Foster (Jack) Wilson.
- Sixty quarters: Susan Cisar.
- 75 quarters: Saundra Bright, Larry Chadwell, and Tracy McAfee.
2011-2012 WSCC retirees:
- Shirley Carna, Nina Gath, Diane Hartley, Byron Hoffee, Lois Lankford, Mark Nutter, Amy Peckens, Tom Steckel, and Linda Tilton.