In observance of National Nursing Home Week, held May 13 to 19, Marietta Care and Rehabilitation Center, located on top of Harmar Hill at 117 Bartlett St., saluted residents, staff and members of the community-at-large with planned events around this year's theme of "Celebrating the Journey."
The annual observance is sponsored nationally by the American Health Care Association, based in Washington, D.C., and the Ohio Health Care Association. According to the association, the national holiday is set aside to "encourage all to think of generations of parents and grandparents nurturing future generations to carry on life and family traditions."
Marietta Care and Rehabilitation's week-long events included:
- Opening ceremonies and proclamation read by Mayor Joe Matthews, Monday, May 14.
- "Blossom of Memories" remembrance service, Monday, May 14.
- Rehab reunion and open house, Thursday, May 16.
- Car cruise-in, Friday, May 17.
- Pet fashion show, Friday, May 17.
"Our entire team helped celebrate this annual event to enrich the relationships among residents, youth, community members, and families and staff. Our residents have lived full lives and we wanted to honor each and every person who has allowed us to journey with them," said Denise Shample, administrator.