25 years ago
- Marietta City Police decided to start issuing tickets for motorists driving through the Muskingum Drive road construction.
- Despite the removal of some parking meters, the red parking meters remain operational in the downtown area. Red meters carry at 20-minute parking limit.
- Marietta city officials are set to spend $200,000 on the maintenance of Marietta's water and chemical storage tanks.
50 years ago
- A worker on the St. Genevieve dredge boat fell off of a barge as he was returning to the boat and drowned in the Muskingum River.
- "Asylum of Horrors" will be on the Colony Theatre stage later this week. There will also be a seance and a giant gorilla at the show.
75 years ago
- The Junior Division of the Marietta Chamber of Commerce made plans for developing a scenic drive along Rt. 21.
- A picnic will be sponsored by the Sangamon Girls' Wonder Club and the Young Men's Progressive Club. The picnic dinner will be held at Masonic Park.
- A wild celebration at a dance hall resulted in an overindulgence of liquor, a fight and a purse snatching. Four Marietta residents were arrested.
100 years ago
- Parkersburg milkmen decided to call off their boycott and start selling milk again.
- An official test of the new fire engine will be held later in the week. Members of the state inspection board will be present.