Marietta Middle School dress code:
Students are encouraged to dress for success. We believe that proper dress is a positive reflection on our school and promotes self-pride. Student dress and appearance should be neat, clean and comfortable. Additional requirements may be added to meet the needs of specific activities, events or special classes such as physical education. Students in violation of the dress code will be expected to change clothes and/or parents will be contacted. Students may be removed from school or an activity if dress is not appropriate. Discipline may be applied to dress code violations.
1. All clothing should be neat and clean.
2. Athletes may not wear uniforms as gym class attire.
3. Shoes that provide sanitary protection and safety must be worn at all times. Shoes must have a heel strap or enclosed heal (no flip flops).
4. All tops must cover both shoulders. Sleeveless shirts are acceptable.
5. All tops must be long enough to be tucked in if asked to do so.
6. Spandex materials are unacceptable (e.g. biker shorts and tops).
7. Hats, visors and bandannas are not to be worn in the building.
8. Clothing associated with alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drugs, sexual references, obscene or profane words or pictures or other activities illegal to students will not be worn.
9. Sunglasses may not be worn during the school day.
10. Studded and spiked jewelry may not be worn.
11. Clothing that has excessive tears, cuts, holes or is too revealing is not permitted.
12. No sleepwear, including pajama bottoms, house slippers, or blankets are permitted in school. Undergarments must not be seen.
13. Book bags, coats and jackets must be left in the locker during the school day.
14. Shorts and skirt length must be at least fingertip length.
15. No dangling chains or straps from the body are allowed.