Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

Latest Post:
Started By:
Rank:
Category
24 days ago.
by absolem
Lilyofthevalley
#1

Racism and the 2012 election

Explain how one group can be racist for voting around 60% against a man of a different racial background but another group that votes 90% against a person of a different racial background isn't racist?

Member Comments

absolem

Gentlemen, we can now disband the search party. my flag has been found safe and sound and rightfully restored to its place of honor. thank you one and all for your dutiful and friendly efforts.

Posted 24 days ago.

Stillhere

They have been trying to get NBF out of that cemetery for years. I have actually been there and saw his grave, crappy part of town these days. Those people don't know, nor do they care about historical fact, yet we have all sorts of things named after a Klansman here in WV, suppose they will demand we change that also?

Posted 24 days ago.

Kunectdots

"Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate general and his wife"

h ttp://rightwingnews.c om/democrats/memphis-city-council-unanimously-votes-to-dig-up-confederate-general-and-his-wife/

Posted 24 days ago.

Kunectdots

I enjoyed the recent internet video of the guy bailing out of a car and tearing a Army of Northern Virginia battle flag from the back cargo door of a slowing moving eighteen wheeler. He displayed such a look of accomplishment upon dislodging it.

I wonder what kind of look he would have had if the installer of the flag had loosely riveted a metal plaque flag, with small, jagged teeth along the inboard edge and the guy had put his fingers under that, in order to attempt to dislodge it?

Off the truck driver would go, unable to hear the screams of that brave soul that didn't even have the guts to face him, while he stole the driver's property.

Posted 24 days ago.

BeRight

I figure you meant Nikki Haley

Posted 25 days ago.

Coaluser

Haley Barbour has political aspirations... She is starting them off by denying people their right to free speech. I do not care one way or another - I do not agree with racists but they also have their rights. I do not see this flag as a symbol of racism. It is a historic banner of the war and therefore a relic. Those who are offended by it can just join the club. I am offended by gay marriage but I don't whine about it till someone loses their rights.

Posted 25 days ago.

Ohwiseone

Darned socialists ! (tons of sarcasm)

Posted 25 days ago.

NasCarNut

...someone has "jacked" my Flag!

I've not read where you couldn't fly any flag you prefer...if your flag has been 'jacked' I'd suggest calling law enforcement ;)

Posted 26 days ago.

Stillhere

Now that's a good point Kunnec, however I know you are smart enough to realize that this isn't about a flag, its seeing how far they can push society to their whims. The whole symbol of racism has been clearly debunked and now you debunk the defeated enemy claim. Wont even slow them down.

Posted 27 days ago.

Kunectdots

I've read that some anti-Confederate Battle flag proponents cite that the flag shouldn't be flown because it represents the symbol of an enemy that was defeated by the US.

With that, along logic and reason blended in, should we permit the display of the Mexican flag anywhere in the US?

Posted 27 days ago.

absolem

NasCarNut...someone has "jacked" my Flag! i fail to understand why those states and people within those states that share a common heritage, even in battle, should not be allowed to display "The Flag" just like any other artifact from that era. failing to allow "The Flags" displaying at the capital or any public area is to deny the historical fact that men, women, slaves and freemen all had their part in the formation of not only a rebellion but also of the formation of a nation......our nation.

Posted 27 days ago.

Stillhere

150 year old quotes dont mean a lot today now do they

Posted 27 days ago.

Stillhere

What was his flag again, i forget

Posted 27 days ago.

Stillhere

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of *****es, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race." From the racist Lincoln

Posted 27 days ago.

NasCarNut

ords of the treasonous racist who designed it.

The white supremacist who designed the Confederacy’s flag(s), one William T. Thompson, gave the definitive reason why every Republican, KKK member, and so-called Southern heritage advocate still supports flying that symbol of treason and racism. Thompson was proud to admit that “As a people we are fighting to maintain the heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. Such a flag would be a suitable emblem of our young confederacy, and sustained by the brave hearts and strong arms of the south, it would soon take rank among the proudest ensigns of the nations, and be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN’S FLAG.”

Posted 27 days ago.

absolem

""Tanned and relaxed"" ....good morning moderation....just living the life brother...just living the life. Jindal does have a great tone to his skin. never really noticed too much before until a recent intervoiew. smooth too. uh-oh....man-crush talk.

Posted 35 days ago.

moderation

"Tanned and relaxed", jindal is ready.

Posted 35 days ago.

absolem

Kunectdots.....thanks for giving NCN his own reference point to my and his volley back and forth.

Posted 35 days ago.

Kunectdots

"what is it with republicans running away from their real names? Puyesh Jindal, Willard Romney, Rafael Cruz...it seems that they think their base is dumb enough to accept their concealment of their true ethnicities... " ~ Jamal NasCarNut ???

Posted 36 days ago.

NasCarNut

beright is always concerned about somes color or race...

Posted 36 days ago.